Whether you are just thinking of going back to school or are halfway through your degree program, Hendricks College Network can help every step of the way:
I’m just thinking about it…
HCN offers one-on-one guidance, career exploration, goal setting assistance, job shadowing/exploration opportunities, and more to help you decide if pursuing a degree is right for you. We can help you overcome the 3 biggest hurdles to continuing your education: time, money, and fear! We have lots of university and training partners, but our goal is to help you choose the path that is best for you!
I want to know what my choices are…
You have several options to choose from when getting your degree. HCN can help you explore these options and determine what works best for you.
- Traditional College Program – classes meet for 10-16 week semesters, often more than one time per week. You travel to campus or a campus extension site and either take classes part time during the day or evening, or as a full time student.
- Adult Accelerated Program – many of the universities have Accelerated Degree programs just for adults 23 and older. These are condensed programs that typically meet one night per week for a 5-6 week period; most people taking these classes work part time or full time and have families and other commitments as well. Face to face classes meet at a variety of convenient locations off campus; Hendricks County has several accelerated programs that meet in the county and the surrounding area.
- Distance Program – you can also take classes via the internet, videoconference, or mail. Many universities have full distance degree programs that you can take from home or from a local learning center like HCN. You do the reading, assignments, and discussions from your computer or videoconference site, and often have exams proctored (we can do that!).
There are pros and cons to each choice, so be sure to consider the options carefully before choosing the right program, or contact HCN for help!
I want to go, but don’t know what to do next…
HCN offers one-on-one guidance, college program exploration and connections, financial aid resources, and answers to all of your questions and concerns. (We certainly don’t know all the answers, but we can find them for you!) We also offer college readiness and success workshops on topics including:
- Navigating Enrollment and Financial Aid
- Managing Your Time
- Cornell Note Taking and Study Skills
- Writing Refresher – tools and resources
- Math Refresher – tools and resources
- Research and Plagiarism
Check out KnowHow2Go.org to get lots more information about what you can do to be ready to enroll.
I’ve chosen my school or program, now what?…
HCN can connect you with people on campus that will help you through the enrollment and financial aid process, help you with books and class materials, and answer any other questions about your chosen program. We have 16+ university partners, and even more with whom we’ve worked in the past. Click on the school name to get to their website for more information.
Ball State University
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Indiana State University**
Indiana Wesleyan University
Ivy Tech Community College**
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
Trine University **
University of Indianapolis**
University of Southern Indiana
** have classes and/or facilities in Hendricks County
I’m taking classes now, so what else can you do to help me?…
HCN can help with study skills, connect you to library resources, proctor exams for distance classes, help you investigate online classes and technology, share tutoring resources, connect you with community resources to help you continue to succeed, connect you with working professionals in your chosen field, and much more. And once you finish your degree, we LOVE to help you celebrate your success!
I’ve already graduated, but would like to help others like me…
HCN would love to hear from you. We often have students who would like to hear from others who have been successful in continuing their education. You could meet with students, share your story for press releases and marketing, talk to friends and colleagues where you work, post about your success through social media, and generally help spread the word that HCN is here to help!